I am excited to announce that I’ve finished my first book, Listen, Engage, Respond: Crisis Communications in Real-Time. This book is an introduction to a ground-breaking crisis communication strategy that incorporates the power of the digital space to help you plan a comprehensive strategy that can face any crisis.
In the book, I’ll teach you how to integrate the power of social media into a crisis plan that will not only help avert trouble, but also build a corps of loyal fans that can help you ease the negative impact of a crisis when it hits. The process is one I built over years of helping organizations handle negative events using the power of their invested fan base.
The book is part of the Kindle Select program and is available on Amazon for $4.99. If you’re an Amazon Prime member, you can borrow it free for 90 days. It’s a quick read--less than 40 pages and packed with resources.
Listen, Engage, Respond is a process-oriented manual that will walk you through the steps to set up a successful crisis communications plan:
1. Buy the book (or borrow it) and share it with others.
2. If you like the book, write a review on Amazon. If you didn’t like it, get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org and give me some feedback!
3. If you have a blog or podcast, I’d love to do an interview or write a guest piece for you.
4. Take to Twitter and ask your followers to check out the book.
5. Write a book review on your blog.
Whatever you do, I am grateful. Even though it’s a short book, it’s still quite a project and I am thankful to everyone who has encouraged me along the way. Happy reading!